Dear Manish,
So finally the time has come to say goodbye to you and unfortunately I am not there to hug you goodbye. And so I am taking a chance to compensate the hug with a short [may be lengthy ;) ] note.
It's been just a year and a couple of "sprints" since you joined us. That was the phase when project was on peak and so were our temperatures. Your presence was welcome, especially for me as "tamannas replacement" and as a true developer in the team. You were an actual far cry from from what could have been tamannas replacement.
You proved your worth many a times in crisis and in peace and that was the quality we shall always cherish. You learned nuances of the game quickly and the harder it got the better you played.
I think this mail is now becoming a testimony instead of toast so I will stop praising you.
I really appreciate your dynamic attitude and it suits your experience group, but as a humble advice, now it's time to stop rolling hard and start gaining some moss. Now that you have entered a phase where along with your development skills your supervisors would also expect you to mentor and lead new entrants. This is the time when your actions will not only impact your career but will inspire to make theirs. Make most of this opportunity to earn a good name and reputation because that's the only motivating factor in this corporate war, nothing else would give you support to stay afloat.
I know you will succeed and emerge out as a "rockstar" in true sense and conquer many hearts in the process.
I shall always cherish the glorious moments spent with you on multiple occasions especially the following
1. Bowling game with Bunny
2. Party at Le Meredian
3. Our tapri sessions at kutte ki tapri and Fujitsu tapri.
4. Many of out breakfast and snack jokes.
5. Hilarious planning sessions with Project Manager and Personal Assistant.
I won't ask you to keep in touch as I know that I can count on you even after we have not exchanged a word in a decade.
True friends are those who we don't talk too or see every day but when we do see and talk too them its like you never went without talking and you always know you can count on them no matter what happens.
There are very few people who actually meet my wavelengths and being one of those you will have to carry the load of my friendship.
PS: The original idea was to write a mail on behalf of Priyanka and Umang but sorry friends.. this mail contains enough I's to contradict that idea.
PS 2: If this mail feels too buttery and sugary , it's just because I have been eating a lot of both in last couple of days and I am in a very pleasant mood while writing this mail.
W A R M R E G A R D S ¦ D A R S H A N G A N D H I
Sent from my BlackBerry, please excuse typos if any.
No comments:
Post a Comment